Believe In Yourself As We Believe In You,
We've loved every minute of our journey
Choices (London) C.I.C Ltd was incorporated in August 2010 under the directorship of Sheri Lawal who gained considerable community work experience supporting the aspirations of challenged and vulnerable groups through a long career with various housing associations.
Her journey alerted her to some of the problems which people in local neighbourhoods faced, such as poverty, education, financial barriers and crime.
Sheri currently sits on the:
- Islington Stop & Search Community Monitoring Group as Chair
- The Islington Children & Young Peoples Voluntary Sector Forum (CYPVSF)
- Citizens Advice Islington Advisory Board
- Islington Safer Neighbourhood Board
- Independent Office for Police Conduct Community Reference Group
- Employment Practitioners Network
- Archway Employment Cluster
- Elthorne Pride
- Islington Faith Forum
- Journey to Justice Committee
Choices is a not for profit organisation working with groups of people in the community
Ranging from 8 years of age to the retired and elderly, Choices improves employability, health and self esteem!
- We facilitate access to education, training, employment and setting up a business
- We offer a variety of volunteering opportunites
- We support residents with multiple needs
- We resolve clients benefit issues
- We attend benefit tribunals with clients
- We attend Statutory services and legal appointments with clients
Our projects, events and programmes are so diverse that they range from computer literacy and sports classes to residential activity camps for young people at risk of becoming involved in gang culture.